Review of Garmin 010-01550-00 Striker 4 Built-in GPS Fish Finder
If you are looking for a screen size that is compatible with your kayak, the latest technology CHIRP transducer, and a fish finder with GPS to help you mark your spots, then Garmin has your needs met.
Coming in at 3.5 inches, this unit will comfortably fit into your kayak without compromising your available space. All the necessary hardware is included to easily mount the transducer on your kayak.
With GPS to assist us in marking our spots, we can be certain to not miss on the hot spots we found previously. Additionally, for those of us who like to venture off far from land, this GPS feature can “lead the way” back home.
Sure, you may be accustomed to your standby of years gone by imaging. Have you tried CHIRP technology yet? By sending out a wide range of frequencies, rather than one or two, better imaging results. Regardless of the depth of water, be it shallow or deep, your kayak fishing experience will reap greater returns with clearer imaging of below the surface.
If you want to place a marine battery in a waterproof box and wire this Garmin fish finder up, no worries! However, for kayak fishing, Garmin has available a portable pack that is fully inclusive so that all you have to do is carry it onboard and fire it up.
As of this writing, 157 Amazon customers have rated one of the best fish finders for kayak fishing at 4.4 stars out of 5. Some of the common reviews include:
- CHIRP is a game changer for fishing
- A budget oriented fish finder with the latest technology
- Sets up in minutes so you can get after the fish
- Display is easy to see and read, even in bright sunlight
- Works great for kayaks
Things We Liked
- Right size for kayaks at 3.5 inches
- Transducer mounting made easy with included hardware
- Multi-purpose GPS for marking hot spots and navigation
- The latest technology for finding fish and structure in CHIRP
- If purchased by itself, all that is required for power will be a marine battery
Things We Didn’t Like
- Portable pack needs to purchased separately (or purchased with pack)
- Maps are not preloaded