Review of Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+
The only item you will need to complement the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO is a smartphone or tablet, and who of us does not have a smartphone these days? By using a WiFi connection, imaging is communicated directly to your phone or tablet.
So many of us anglers these days enjoy taking half a day in our kayak and the other half on the bank. Imagine having a fish finder that you can use in both locations. The Deeper can simply be placed on a line and cast out into the water, from your kayak or the bank.
No longer will you have to fuss with deciding on where to mount the transducer and wiring up the display to the battery. Just download the Deeper app and enjoy!
But wait, you are probably asking yourself how in the world am I going to find a WiFi connection on a lake? No worries, you do not need a WiFi internet connection. This sonar device has an internal WiFi access point that will communicate with your mobile device.
Currently, 261 Amazon customers have reviewed the Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+, 2.55″, Black and have given it 4.6 out of 5 stars.
A few of the common reviews include:
- YouTube videos accurately depict how it works
- WiFi version is much improved over Bluetooth
- Ensure that you use a fairly stiff rod and heavy weight line to cast it out
Things We Liked
- No more mounting frustrations, cast and fish Trusty internal WiFi
- Deeper app is user friendly
- Great archived mapping
Things We Didn’t Like
- Reliant upon phone or tablet battery charge
- May need to close app and restart when in choppy waters or cloudy skies