Review of Lowrance 000-12635-001 Hook-3X Sonar, W/ 83/200 XDCR Fish Finder
How difficult is it to find the best fish finder for kayak fishing that is affordable yet efficient? Us anglers know the answer. Inevitably we have to sacrifice some features to spend less, and many times the features we sacrifice are essential ones to a productive day on the water.
One of the complaints that some anglers have is the need to constantly adjust the settings to more clearly see fish and structures. This Lowrance model uses Advanced Signal Processing (ASP), which will limit the time you previously spent trying to get a clearer image.
Size will not be an issue, as this model is 3 inches. The transducer comes with the necessary mounting hardware, as many customers have successfully mounted this unit on their kayak.
Additionally, when looking for the Best Fish Finder for Kayak Fishing, each angler has to decide for themselves what type of technology they need, be it imaging that focuses strictly down or finders that have a “cone” or “side” imaging. This Lowrance model offers down as well as conical imaging, providing the angler wider ranges of coverage.
Currently, 50 Amazon customers have reviewed the Lowrance 000-12635-001 Hook-3X Sonar, W/ 83/200 XDCR, and they have given it 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Here are some of the comments:
- Works well in shallow water
- Reads depth and temperature accurately
- Several customers report that it mounts and works well in their kayak
Things We Liked
- 3 inch display, nice small size for kayaks
- Good detail of structures and fish
- Good wiring and connections
- For the price, good features and benefits
Things We Didn’t Like
- Mounting hardware is not the most reliable, may need to get creative
- With kayaks, speed will not be an issue. However, in rougher waters clarity may dissipate
- Will require a marine battery, not portable