Review of Signstek FF-003 Portable Fish Finder
Are you planning a trip to a river where trout are abundant? A popular method for trout fishing these types of water is using a float, or kayak, and paddling up or downstream for more solitude.
With the Signstek FF-003 Portable Fish Finder in your kayak, you can paddle to where the fish are. No mounting hassles for the display. The transducer can easily be cast into the water, as it comes with a float, or you can mount it to your kayak.
Many of us do not want the hassle of placing a marine battery in a waterproof box and setting it up in our kayak for a day on the water.
This fish finder is powered by 4 AAA batteries.While the 100 levels of sensitivity settings may concern you, bear in mind that this is to assist the user with clearer imaging.
86 Amazon customers have reviewed this Signstek Portable Fish Finder, with a cumulative 3.8 out of 5 stars rating.
Here are some of the common comments:
- Picks up small details, such as the lure
- Separates smaller from bigger fish
- Great for kayak fishing, as you can hang it from your neck and view
Things We Liked
- Does not require a marine battery for power, portable
- Colorful, easy to read display
- Precise depth readings
- Transducer can be cast out or mounted to the kayak
Things We Didn’t Like
- Mounting could be an issue, if you paddle with 2 hands and hang it from your neck it is virtually impossible to view while paddling
- Transducer may require some modifications to get it to hang straight
- No options for external power, so bring extra AAA batteries